If you aren't signed up for our email newsletter, sign up today- the emails will keep you up to date with all the happenings at Harriet's.
Thanks for visiting- we will hope to see you in the shop soon!
Stop in or Call 303-424-2742 to register
Classes begin early July
Click on the Categories below to see the classes being offered:
CLASS REGISTRATION POLICIES
Please read the following carefully!
• Class fee is due in full upon registration payable by cash, check and credit card.
• You may register by phone with a credit card
• Be sure to get your supply list prior to when your class starts- this is your responsibility- not ours. If, you come in to the store to pick your supply list up, we will offer you 10% off your class supplies that you purchase that day.
The discount does not apply to faxed or mailed supply lists, only those picked up in the store.
• If you chose to not come into the store to pick your supply list up we will be happy to fax it to you, or you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the store and we will mail your supply list to you.
• If you request that we mail your supply list and you do not send a SASE we will charge you 50¢ for postage.
• Please check class dates carefully before registering, if you cannot attend one of a multiple session class, please do not register for that class- classes are skill-building and require your attendance on all class dates.
• If you are unable to attend a class you have enrolled in and notify the store 10 days prior to the class date, you will receive store credit for the amount of the class fee. If you do not cancel and you miss a class, no store credit will be given as we will have counted on your participation to make the class happen. If the class is cancelled by Harriet’s Treadle Arts, because there are not enough students, we will give you a full refund. Don’t wait to sign up- you may be the person who we needed to make the class a go!
• Register early as this ensures that the class you want to take will have enough students to make it a go.
• Minimum enrollment for all classes is three students, unless otherwise specified. Every effort will be made to avoid canceling classes, however, if the minimum enrollment has not been met within 5 days of the start of class, it may be cancelled. Students will be contacted by phone with the cancellation decision
• Classes start on time, plan to arrive 15 minutes early to set up and purchase any needed supplies.
• All quilting supplies needed for any class offered at Harriet’s Treadle Arts will be available prior to the start of class and you are highly encouraged to support the store in its efforts to provide not only a wide variety of classes but also a wide variety of high quality quilting notions and supplies.
CLASS EXPERIENCE LEVELS
PLEASE pay close attention to these ability levels. If you have any questions about class requirements please call the store.
Level 1- All Levels can successfully complete this class. No particular skill level is required. All students can successfully complete course content.
Level 2- For Beginner piecers or quilter and above. No prior piecing and/or quilting experience needed. You do need to know how to use your sewing machine and sew a straight seam.
Level 3a- For Advanced Beginner PIECERS and above. Basic piecing skills required. You should know how to rotary cut well and sew with an accurate seam allowance.
Level 3b- For Advanced Beginner QUILTERS and above. Basic quilting skills required. You should be able to use your walking foot and have a basic understanding of free-motion quilting.
Level 4a- For Intermediate PIECERS and above. Confident piecing skills needed. You need to have understanding of strip piecing for this level.
Level 4b- For Intermediate QUILTERS and above. Confident quilting skill needed. You don’t have to like your quilting, but you do need to know how to free-motion quilt.
Level 5a- For Advanced PIECERS and above. Extremely confident piecing skills needed. You need to have understanding of strip piecing as well as triangles for this level.
Level 5b- For Advanced QUILTERS and above. Extremely confident quilting skill needed. You need to not only like your quilting, but also need to know how to free-motion quilt well with little warm up time.